The proposed Kaiwaikawe Wind Farm site (previously named Ōmāmari Wind Farm) is approximately 10km north-west of Dargaville. The wind farm was granted resource consent from the Kaipara District Council in March 2022 and will generate approximately 73MW of renewable wind energy.
- Project Status: A resource consent has been granted by the Kaipara District Council in March 2022
- Maximum Capacity: Approximately 73MW
- Location: The area proposed for the wind farm is located on Pamu Farms land off Babylon Coast Road, 10km north-west of Dargaville
- Turbines: Up to 19 wind turbines
- Blade Tip Height: Up to 220m above ground level
- Transmission Connection: 66kV from wind farm to Dargaville substation
Project information on Mercury NZ's website