Niko (formerly Tesla) has been working in the electrical industry since 1994, and are committed to continuous improvement, safety, quality, and cost efficiency for our clients.
Niko’s market strategy is the provision of high-quality specialist engineering services, across all requirements of the High Voltage Electrical Industry. We have many senior specialists and have a high staff retention rate, plus we focus on engaging enthusiastic Graduate and Junior engineers to train as tomorrow’s specialists. This ensures continuous development of these expert skills and allows Niko to build and maintain close and trusting relationships with our clients.
Our unique package of specialised services includes:
- Arc Flash (including review, design and implementation)
- Cables – HV, MV and EHV (including rating reviews, analysis and design)
- Control and Instrumentation (including SCADA, HMI, Process Instrumentation and PLC)
- Draughting Services (Including 3D scanning, conceptual design presentation and detailed drawings)
- Earthing studies (including soil testing plus earthing modelling and design)
- Functional Safety (including Planning, Facilitation and Review)
- Protection studies (including windfarm and solar network connection to Transmission and Sub-transmission networks)
- Substations (including all elements of balance of plant - covering Primary and secondary equipment)
- Telecommunications (including design of radio, fibre and Ethernet)
Niko maintains a role as a Preferred Consultant and membership of Engineering Consultancy Panels with a number of large and smaller clients. We are often engaged to undertake their more complex engineering tasks such as developing many protection, control systems and substation LAN standard designs. Implementation of these standard designs have resulted in minimising project lifecycle costs by improving safety, reducing future design costs, reducing installations costs, reducing maintenance costs, and reducing human operating errors.
Niko is very careful not to commit to an assignment unless we know we have adequate resources available to meet the client’s project schedule without compromising on quality.