The 2019 Wind Energy Conference date has been set for Wednesday 1 May at the InterContinental in Wellington.
The Conference Programme has been designed to reflect the step change over the past year with the key shift being to focus on how we transition to a low-emissions economy.
Key areas for discussion include addressing the scale of new wind development required to support net zero, how to get traction with community and smaller scale wind projects and how wind integrates with other technologies.
Given the above context the theme for the 2019 Conference is “Breaking New Ground”. The theme reflects the need to build both new large stand-alone wind generation development and opportunity to widen the reach of wind. Key questions the Conference will consider include:
- Are we focusing on the right priorities and moving fast enough to transition to a low carbon economy?
- What are the leading innovations we can expect in the electricity sector and case study examples of integrating wind with other renewables?
- What’s are the latest wind technology developments?
- Are we doing enough to prepare for a future with more renewables and managing generation intermittency?
- How can we spread the reach of wind beyond large scale wind farms and enable community and smaller-scale development?
- What does the future of the electricity sector with more renewables look like from an investment perspective?
- What are the priorities to best enable wind energy to support New Zealand’s low carbon future?
The format of the Conference will be four sessions with presentations grouped in each session:
- Session 1 - A Low carbon future
- Session 2 - Innovation and case studies with wind and other renewables
- Session 3 - Wind energy update
- Session 4 - Breaking new ground
The electricity sector is on the cusp of real change with the transition to a low-emissions economy and innovation transforming business models and driving demand growth. This year the Wind Conference tackles the transition head on.
As always, the Conference is also a great opportunity to share knowledge, be inspired and network with industry colleagues. We hope you can join us.
Registration for the Conference is open, register on-line below or click here to download a registration form.