As part of the Wind Energy Conference, NZWEA is hosting a political platform where parties can outline their vision for the electricity sector as part of its conference.
This event will focus on future directions in the electricity sector over a 20 year time frame.
The politicians will focus on a high level view of the future. We will ask the politicians to answer three questions:
- How will you manage innovation in the electricity sector?
- What issues in the electricity sector need to be addressed to enable it to transition from its current pattern to a new one in the most productive way?
- During this change what are the concerns for consumers?
Journalist Pattrick Smellie will facilitate the session, which will include comment from:
- Minister of Energy - Hon Simon Bridges
- Labour Spokesperson on Energy - David Shearer
- Green Spokesperson on Energy - Gareth Hughes
Each representative will speak for 10 minutes and then answer questions from the floor. The political platform runs from 5pm-6pm on Tuesday 15 April at Te Papa and is open to all conference delegates.