Notice to Members of the New Zealand Wind Energy Association (NZWEA)
The Annual General Meeting of the NZWEA will be held at 5.30pm, Wednesday 31th October 2018 in Wellington at Bell Gully Lawyers, Level 21, 171 Featherston Street.
The purpose of the meeting is to:
Receive and consider a report from the Board on the activities of NZWEA since the last annual meeting.
Approve the financial statements of NZWEA for the year ended 30 June 2018.
Two Directors to represent the Corporate Members
Two Directors to represent the Associate and Individual Members
To carry out any other business that may be appropriate at an Annual General Meeting.
Nominations for board positions should contain the following information:
- The person’s name.
- The person’s signature, business address, contact phone number and email address.
- Whether they represent the Corporate members, or the Associate and Individual members.
- The organisation the person works for.
- Short biography of nominee.
- The nominations do not have to be seconded - a person may nominate themselves.
- Directors representing the Corporate Sector must be a full-time employee or an executive office-holder of a Corporate Member company.
- No more than two Directors may work for any one company.
Nominations should be received by the Secretary, NZWEA by 5pm, Wednesday 24th October 2018. For nominations sent via email - please enter ‘NZWEA Board Nomination’ in the subject line and send to email@example.com. Nominations may also be sent by post to NZWEA, PO Box 553, Wellington 6140.
As we know the electricity sector is on the cusp of real change with the transition to a low-emissions economy and innovation transforming business models and driving demand growth. This year we are pleased to advise that Nevill Gluyas, Director of Equity Research for Credit Suisse, is our AGM guest speaker. In August Credit Suisse published an excellent report on the industry titled “NZ Electricity Generators: Decarbonisation beckons - but at what price?”. Nevill will present a summary of this most interesting Report which looks at industry growth, future electricity prices, regulatory change, sector forecasts, valuations and company ratings.
We’ll also provide an update on the Wind Industry and the activities of the Association over what has been a busy and positive year for the future of renewable electricity generation.
Voting papers, if required, will be sent out on Friday 26 October.
We hope members will be able to join us at this year’s meeting.