The Annual General Meeting of the NZWEA will be held at 5.30pm, Wednesday 1th November 2017 in Wellington at Bell Gully Lawyers, Level 21, 171 Featherston Street.
The purpose of the meeting is to:
- Receive and consider a report from the Board on the activities of NZWEA since the last annual meeting.
- Approve the financial statements of NZWEA for the year ended 30 June 2017.
- To elect:
- Two Directors to represent the Corporate Members
- Two Directors to represent the Associate and Individual Members
- To carry out any other business that may be appropriate at an Annual General Meeting.
Nominations for board positions should contain the following information:
- The person’s name.
- The person’s signature, business address, contact phone number and email address.
- Whether they represent the Corporate members, or the Associate and Individual members.
- The organisation the person works for.
- Short biography of nominee.
- The nominations do not have to be seconded - a person may nominate themselves.
- Directors representing the Corporate Sector must be a full-time employee or an executive office-holder of a Corporate Member company.
No more than two Directors may work for any one company.
Nominations should be received by the Secretary, NZWEA by 5pm, Wednesday 25th October 2016. For nominations sent via email - please enter ‘NZWEA Board Nomination’ in the subject line and send to email@example.com. Nominations may also be sent by post to NZWEA, PO Box 553, Wellington 6140.
It’s widely recognised that with New Zealand’s high level of renewable electricity generation and substantial renewable energy resources we are better placed than most countries to benefit from emissions reduction potential of a shift to electric vehicles. This year Elizabeth Yeaman EECA’s Transport Development Manager will speak on the future of electric vehicles including their impact on electricity demand and the consumer benefits of having the battery storage of EV’s available to households. NZWEA Chair and CE will also provide a brief update on NZWEA strategy and activities.
Voting papers, if required, will be sent out on Friday 27 October.
We hope members will be able to join us at this year’s meeting.